WHY SUPPORT THE DIGITAL ISLAM?
As a small team and for the most part self-funded, we’ve learned how to do a lot with very little.
We started just over 3 years ago and by the will of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala our site is ranked among Top religious sites in the entire world. We’ve put a lot of effort in mostly producing written educational content covering topics people are searching for and want to learn about.
THE DIGITAL ISLAM STATS
Although numbers aren’t our primary motivator we do keep track of certain things to see what’s been working and where we can improve.
Our main mission has always been to create the highest quality content our team is currently capable of producing. If we can do that one thing right, everything else falls into place. We will continually get better over-time as our processes improve and as we have more to invest into technology.
This is the exciting part.
With the proper funding we have ambitious goals to take on projects to fill a void of Islamic content on the web.
1. Our dream is to write a complete biography of Prophet Muhammad – thoroughly researched and designed with stunning graphics – and release the entire book as a free PDF download for all users. We want to create a web based version of this book as well as we don’t see a website that has something like this.
2. Many people email us asking for a book or pdf to read the Quran offline with transliteration and translation since they aren’t strong at reading Arabic text, but wish to read it. The PDFs can be downloaded for free for each Surah.
3. Once we reach the $5,000/month goal, we can afford to hire a Quran instructor to record a complete digital Quran course with worksheets and upload them on YouTube. To gain fluency in reading the Quran, someone who doesn’t know any Arabic must be taught. As a team, we are confident we are able to help tens of thousands of students learn to read the Qur’an. ‘Uthman related that the Prophet ( ) said, “The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it.”
4. The content we provide will continue to be expanded so that more people can discover and learn the basic and beautiful teachings of Islam. In addition, we are constantly improving and revising existing content.
5. Write the remaining stories of the Prophets, including those of Adam (as), Musa (as), Isa (as), Ibrahim (as) and others.
6. Finish all 114 videos for each Surah of the Quran with translations, transliterations, and Arabic text that gets filled in during recitation (like a karaoke video). We may consider translating the videos into more languages (Urdu, Hindi, Indonesian, etc.).
7. Create a new section on our website for users who wish to complete the Quran in 30 days. Additionally, we will create a video for each Juz.
8. We plan to produce over 100 dua videos. We intend for every dua published on our site to have an accompanying audio and video experience.
9. We need to create version 2.0 of our digital Quran. Our goal is to expand each current Quran into a dedicated web page with a variety of different commentaries and to add scholarly tafsir work of Ibn Kathir and Abul ala Maududi for each ayat. Additionally, we would like to develop:
- Audio player with automatic loops for each verse
- For selected ayat, you can hear the audio on-click
- Each Surah can be printed as a PDF for offline use
- The ayahs are translated and accompanied by commentary on their individual pages
- The production of hundreds of short videos of beautiful ayahs will be distributed on social media as a reminder to read daily Quranic verses.
10. Ads should not appear on the website. Currently, We are using Google Adsense for Revenue Generation in order to afford Expenses.
If you like our plans and wish to support our organization, please know that any amount is greatly appreciated. Insha-Allah, we want to raise $5000 in recurring donations to reach our ambitious goals. Due to this pandemic, we understand that some of you may not be able to donate. In this case we’d like to share the hadith of Prophet Muhammad (saws) who said:
“Every good is charity. Indeed among the good is to meet your brother with a smiling face, and to pour what is left in your bucket into the vessel of your brother.”Jami at-Tirmidhi 1970 Sahih (Darussalam)