Last updated on October 29th, 2021 at 07:04 am
The currency rate in Pakistan today in PKR per Dollar . The live USD to PKR converter keeps an eye on the market with the latest exchange rates to help you get the best conversion.
USD To PKR
USD to PKR Converter with Live Open Market Exchange Rates. Open markets rates are updated Automatically after every few Minutes in order to provide more precise and accurate results to users.
A detailed history of Dollar to Pakistan Rupee exchange rates, the US Dollar to Pakistan Rupee conversion is updated live for your convenience.
What is USD?
Often shortened to USD, the U.S. Dollar is the official currency of the United States of America.
Key Points of USD
- The USD stands for the U.S. dollar, the official currency of the United States of America and the world’s primary reserve currency.
- USD is the most traded currency in the foreign exchange market, which facilitates global currency exchange, and is the world’s largest financial market, with a daily average volume of $5 trillion.
- Almost all foreign exchange transactions in the United States are conducted in US dollars, according to a 2016 Bank for International Settlements (BIS) report.
What is the PKR?
This currency is commonly known as the rupees, rupaya, or rupaye. The Pakistani rupee is a unit of 100 paise, abbreviated PKR. ‘Rupee’ originates from the Sanskrit word for “silver”, rupa, which is used in many Indo-Aryan dialects.
Key Points of PKR
- Officially, Pakistan uses the Pakistani rupee (PKR) as its currency.
- PKR was established in 1947 after the independence of Pakistan from the British empire.
- For several years, Pakistan’s rupee was linked to the British pound, but allowed to float freely since 1982. Its value has steadily declined over the years as the country’s economy stagnated.
Where to go for converting PKR to USD?
It is almost always best to exchange currency at your bank or credit union.
- Exchanging currency at a bank or credit union is always a good idea before traveling.
- If possible, use the ATMs at your financial institution while you’re abroad.
What was max PKR to USD?
174.88 is the Maximum or Highest ever rate of US dollar which was recorded on 26th October, 2021
What was currency rate 1 usd to pkr in 1947 year?
USD to PKR exchange rate in 1947 was Rs 3.31. However, Pakistani Rupee were traded under British Pound at that time.